Confessions of a Thirty-Something (39.99999..)
What I have learned in my brief 39 years.....
1. People want and need to think kindly of others.
2. Life is too short to buy small shrimp and drink cheap wine.
3. Almost everyone can stand to have one more laugh in their day.
4. There are more people than we can ever realize who hold us in their thoughts and prayers.
5. A smile needs no translation.
6. Becoming a husband and then a father is the best thing that ever happened to me.
7. Most people like it short and sweet.
8. Wisdom and freedom is in knowing what you can do without.
9. Spending time among rivers and mountains, oceans and woods is never wasted time.
10. Good music and good writing never grow old.
11. Kids need to get caught doing good things too.
12. Everyday, average people commit extraordinary, selfless acts that mostly go unrecognized.
13. There are no secrets- everything is in divine order.
14. I am "too gentle to run with wolves" (I'm just now figuring this out.)
15. I've still got a lot to learn.
16. Getting pissed at others (especially drivers) is really all about you- not the other person.
17. Existence continues; age is only a number.... you are as young as you allow yourself to feel.
Signing off on my last full day as a Thirty-something.... it's been great so far and I expect only bewilderment of the grandest, always (God, I still feel like such a kid!)