Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Body Electric

I haven’t been the most pleasant person to be around lately. Just ask my wife.

I’ve been snapping at her (hey, we really only take it out on those we truly love) wearing a horrendous face at times and basically laying low as much as possible, all due to a flare up of an old condition rearing it’s ugly head.

Several discs in my neck are in need of replacing, or so I have been told by “those who know” about such things and who have studied various scans of my skeleton, and truth be told I wouldn’t mind if they were to be replaced right now, whatever to alleviate the pain, pressure and numbness from my neck- down to the tips of my fingers in my left hand.

I saw a chiropractor yesterday and he put me on the rack and cracked me every which way possible. I'm sure he’s going to prescribe a “series” of treatments tomorrow morning when I see him again. I may just buy into the notion this time, besides- my insurance doesn’t cover any treatments whatsoever as the whole matter has been deemed a “pre-existing condition” (don’t ‘cha hate those things!) Perhaps a massage or two and some Reiki energy work will come next (I hate spending money on myself!)

The design of the body and the spinal chord is nothing short of divine- the load it carries, the maneuvering, twisting, turning and abuse we put it through, no wonder it often fails to live up to our expectations. For years I have been practicing what Myrtle Fillmore, one of the founders of Unity, practiced when she discovered her tuberculosis- a “blessing” and “thanking” of the organs and their design, acknowledging the perfect creation we are and our birthright into wholeness. It comforts me to “thank” my discs for their burden, for their Being, and for the ways they have held up after all the mistreatment in the past.

If you can spare some healing energy perhaps you might send a little my way over the next couple of days. It appears I’m running a little low right now…but I expect that will change here real soon.

Be good to your body and thank it daily for putting up with all the crap we do to hinder its perfection.

"I sing the body electric
I celebrate the me yet to come
I toast to my own reunion
When I become one with the sun
And I'll look back on Venus
I'll look back on Mars
And I'll burn with the fire
of ten million stars
And in time
And in time
We will all be stars."

from Fame, The Musical

Energy Body II (1998)
by Debra Weier

5 Comments:

Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

I'll definitely keep you and your spine in my thoughts and prayers. I understand the reluctance to spend money on oneself (I've been postponing an eye exam lately), but I hope you can overcome that reluctance and do whatever is needed to take care of yourself.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Keep taking care of yourself, and the rest of us will send some love, light, and healing your way!

(Cool lyrics, BTW!)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I can empathize with both the reluctance to spend money on oneself and with the unpleasantness of neck pain. (Mine has come from sitting at the piano for hours at a time with relatively bad posture.)

Much healing to you.

3:02 PM  
Blogger They call him James Ure said...

May your suffering ease soon my friend.

Sending you purple, healing light.

Peace to you.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wife still loves you, no matter how cranky you get.

Don't worry, baby.

Cat

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter