Friday, May 05, 2006

Healing


Had my follow up with the chiropractor this morning and reviewed the results of the x-rays with the doc., “considerable degeneration of the C4-5 and C5-6 discs” (hey, I already knew that!) Says I have the neck of a 60 year old man (why thank you!)… and that I’ve shrunk about ¾ of an inch.

I spent an hour of heavenly bliss in complete relaxation while having a massage this afternoon. Having never had a massage before I didn’t know what to expect except that it couldn’t help but alleviate some of my symptoms.

My therapist is trained in Jin Shin Jyustu energy healing and before he started we did a few rounds of deep breathing and visualization. As he worked on my upper body I could hear him breathing rhythmically while the soothing sounds of oriental flutes and chimes mixed with the trickling water flowing from a crystal fountain. Several times he used hot stones across my back and shoulders and would gently tap upon the heart charka with each pass.

It was exhilarating and I feel so relieved.

If you’ve never had a body massage- what are you waiting on?

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Harden said...

As a semi-expert on the massage therapy subject, let me give my 2 cents.

In an average week, my spa sees about 160-200 people. Out of all those people, the nicest and most "life-loving" persons happen to be our massage "regulars". We have one that comes in every friday, one that we see every other Friday, and some that come in once a month. Those people also seem to be much healthier and lead more quality lives than the others.

Just a subtle observation. It's money well spent. TRUST ME...

BTW: I hope your pain is subsiding and that the massage offered at least a bit of relief.

11:04 PM  
Blogger They call him James Ure said...

I LOVE a good massage and especially the hot stones. In fact, I need one here soon as I have a crick in my neck.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I had my first massage maybe four months ago.

What was strange, or so it seemed at the time, was that afterwards, in addition to this huge release I felt in my neck and shoulders (where my body stores up most of its tension), I also felt really weepy, opened up emotionally as well as physically. Which in retrospect is no surprise, given the connection between body and mind. But it was amazing to me how much of a whole-person experience it was, rather than simply confined to the physical body.

Glad you had a wonderful experience and are feeling relief.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Buford said...

It's time to get this fixed. Although a massage is truly good for the mind, body, and (for some the soul) It will not heal a degenerating disk. This has haunted you long enough. The long term effects of only bandaging such a serious aliment, not only does you a disservice, it also does your family a disservice.

If you do nothing you will soon have a mighty hump, we will then have to install a bell tower on the top of your house and then we will start calling you the Hunch-Back of Bluffton. Now Isaiah do you really want that.

All joking aside look into getting it fixed.

We love you too much to watch you suffer

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter