Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ahhh- What Day Is This?

From the Can’t Help But Laugh department… The Dow is down 101 points as I write this (not like I have a dog in this fight) on news from Fed Chairman Bernanke that inflation is on the rise and interest rates will probably increase well into the future.

The stock market reminds me of a little old lady driving down the highway, swerving, breaking, and accelerating with every little shadow that crosses her path. Reactionary.

With reaction to the bad news of increased energy costs, the escalation of tension between the US and Iran, the war in Iraq, real estate values plummeting the Dow seems to be THE barometer we look to in measuring the pulse of overall contentment…and the overall contentment seems to be bleak.

I wonder how the stock market would take to the news that…

WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE ONE DAY!

From the What Would Jesus Do department comes a story from CNN regarding Kay Warren, wife of Rick Warren, founding pastor of Saddleback Church and author of "The Purpose Driven Life," and Christianity & AIDS. Kay is executive director of Saddlebacks’s HIV/ AIDS initiative and writes with compelling emotion of her experiences globally with those suffering from HIV/ AIDS.

“Today, I challenge the worldwide church to take on the global giants of spiritual darkness, lack of servant leaders, poverty, disease, and ignorance. It's past time for those who claim to be Christ's followers to join the struggle against the devastation that the HIV virus brings.”

What would Jesus do? I don’t know but he probably wouldn't sit around asking questions.

From the Just Plain Old Whacked Out department today is June 6, 2006 or simply 6-6-6…and according to The Swift Report, high-ranking officials in the Bush administration are concerned that today could be President Bush's last day on earth.

You must see the Rapture Ready Index and read this article.

Imagine all the people….living for today.”

7 Comments:

Blogger z said...

Hmm.. With the highest recent numbers in 2001-2003, maybe we forgot to rapture.

Great link. I always find things like that 'interesting.'

10:29 PM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

What a random post, my man!

RE: 666 - from "Reading the Bible Again for the First Time" by Marcus Borg:

"...the (Roman Empire's) emperors were hailed as lord and god in temples honoring them throughout the empire. At the end of (Revelation) chapter thirteen, we are told that "the beast" is a person whose "number is 666." In antiquity, letters of the alphabet had numerical values, and the technique for encoding and decoding a name into a number was called GEMATRIA. Using the rules of gematria, the number 666 decodes into "Ceasar Nero."

See, there's nothing to worry about. Nero's long gone.

:)

10:34 AM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:06 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

Heh heh heh.

Important new discoveries in biblical eschatology. http://catholic-resources.org/Bible/666.htm

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Rapture Ready! Oh man, I remember that site from years ago, when I had a sub-site devoted to refuting the prophecy industry's assumptions... Looks like Todd hasn't changed his mind a bit-- gotta love him.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Interesting post...I'm commenting a bit late. I praise God for Mrs. Warren who challenges the church to, again, be the hands and feet of Christ and extend love towards those inflicted with HIV/AIDS. More power to her!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Tony Derrick said...

am from uk am here to give my testimony about
how i got my hiv disease and how i flew it quickly
after having trust on my spell doctor who cured
me immediately .since the year i married to the
man i didn't love because my parents false me to
marry him. I have been enjoying relationship and
sex life with him .he do spend time on work and
don't have time for me . sometime he do sleep at
his work and also do carry women because he has
the money to spend but doesn't spend it on me .
so i was so jealous to the extent that i cant control
my anger and i decided to start cheating on him
with ex boyfriend . because my husband do not
always be at home except on weekend .i have sex
with him without protection .after some months
been in love with my ex boyfriend i was so sick
and decided to go have a test and i found i was
hiv positive . i feel so sad and i was ashamed
because i didn't now how to open up to my
husband i hate before my ex boyfriend denied me
and when my husband found out about what
wads going on he divorced me and i was ill for
good 3years i went to many places for solution
but there was no solution . so one day i was asking
GOOGLE some question on how i can get a cure
and how i can get some medication which i will be
taking to my own surprise they brought one email
out named alahoremedyhome@gmail.com that
this powerful man can cure hiv i did not believe
about the cure before but i toke the email and
search it on GOOGLE and found many good
testimonies about him people have been giving
more testimonies about him so i contacted him
about my situation . he told me all the procedures
which i will take and i did before i knew what was
happening he called me and told me to go for an
hiv test which i did and when the result was out i
was hiv negative .thanks to DR ALAHO now as i am
giving this testimony am fully settled down with
my husband now and we love ourselves .i give
this testimony for people around that was in my
shoes so that they can also be cured like me .so if
you also need a solution also you can email him
at alahoremedyhome@gmail.com or you can also call or whatsapp him on this number +2348125341278.......

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter