Monday, September 10, 2007

Hot Springs, NC


"The sun shines not on us but in us. The Rivers flow not past, but through us. - John Muir



"The river has taught me to listen; you will learn from it, too. The river knows everything; one can learn everything from it. You have already learned from the river that it is good to strive downwards, to sink, to seek the depths. - Herman Hesse



"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day. - A. A. Milne


"We forget that the water cycle and the life cycle are one. - Jacques Cousteau


"A river sings a holy song conveying the mysterious truth that we are a river, and if we are ignorant of this natural law, we are lost. - From the ReEnchantment of Everyday Life by Thomas Moore


"Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known. - A. A. Milne

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Great pictures and quotes. I was surprised by the ones from A. A. Milne; never heard anything from him in that vein before.

Did you build that rock cairn?
Awesome.

12:43 PM  
Blogger isaiah said...

Jon,

There are always several large cairns on the Laurel River trail...I've yet to hike the riverside without seeing several. This large cairn was just one example of the many we saw this weekend. I don't have the patience.

One thing I did think about while on the trail was I should build one someday to offer others the same awesome experience I feel when I stumble upon one.

Hey Jon- I've tried several times now to leave comments on your blog and can't get anywhere. What's up with that?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Trevor Harden said...

This post is a meditation in itself. Thanks for a serene opening to my morning.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kozi Wolf said...

absolutely beautiful

3:44 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

I easily know the last to be true.

The first and last water photos are of my favorite sorts of reflections.

11:42 PM  
Blogger iamthewhiterabbit said...

Wonderful pics, baby!

Can't wait to go in Oct with you.

Love
Wifey

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter