Monday, September 05, 2005

Learning & Unlearning

I am beginning to know that our awakening to greater Self is not something we control; it is in fact a matter which is entirely out of our hands, an evolution already finalized and made present to the degree which we are capable of realizing the ending of what is only begun. The fact that we must continue with struggle, with suffering and confusion, with all matters opposite that which we desire is simply a safeguard in place (some would say self-placed as Jung conjectured when he said; “religion protects a person from a direct experience of God”) guiding us along our predetermined pathway and allowing us only the amount of freedom we are ready to integrate into our existence.

One is not enabled for total Freedom, total integration into Self by just thinking or believing one is, and yet there are no missing elements to our being- we are as enlightened and complete now as we will ever be. One must experience the road leading into this realization; one must trust the road and all that takes place on the journey, accepting that this is the only direction possible- the only way there can be (otherwise there would be another way, another road- and one would be upon that path). Once one accepts the individual path prepared and totally Self- created and then embraces all the experiences along the way, acknowledging and trusting the compass direction emanating from the heart- center, one is free to travel any path, any road… as all roads merge into one, becoming the same. There was never any real difference between this path or that path to begin with, all paths originate from Self and lead back to Self. The beginning was the ending after all- and what does this matter if we have all of eternity outside of time to journey the path!

Our thoughts regarding the path are as they are- only this and nothing more. They stand outside our inclusion in Spirit, but spring from Spirit.

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I was walking along a mountain pathway mesmerized at the red clay soil of the trail, the rocks mingling with the soil, and the crystal blue sky with the mountains off in the distance. I felt an exhilaration settle upon me as I began a conversation with my- Self. I told myself that I was only dreaming-this was only a dream, but all about me- everything I saw was speaking to me saying I should be still as the Witness for the remainder of my journey. I continued for some length up the mountain trail ever aware that I was dreaming yet continuing on until I reached the summit. When I finally did reached the summit, I simply dissolved into all-ness.


I have never been on the pathway-
I have always been on the pathway.
I was only dreaming-
I was never dreaming.
I do not exist-
I Am- is all that exists.
I am aware of writing this sentence-
You are writing this sentence.
All I understand emanates from Spirit, from who I Am, too-
all that I do not understand emanates from Spirit- from who I Am, too.

I know all things- I know nothing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly a realization of one self. I find myself feeling the same way when visiting the mountains. They contain some invisible yet visible power that exist within the trees and the hills there. I ride my motorcycle there often and with all the concetration of NOT screwing the pooch, an exhilaration and a calmness comes over me all at once. I suppose the wholeness of earth and wildlife that originated there not of man that inspires us back to ones true exhistance. You gave us a lot to think about today Tom. "Kev"

11:03 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Tommy,
I walk with you here, right next to you. Existence lays out before us, within us, between us. It is a dynamic journey, a great pathless path.

Do you love a great paradox as much as I do? Our thoughts "stand outside our inclusion in Spirit, but spring from Spirit."

And this...

I have never been on the pathway-
I have always been on the pathway.
I was only dreaming-
I was never dreaming.
I do not exist-
I Am- is all that exists.
...I know all things- I know nothing.

Paradox is So beautiful in expressing the wholeness of truth.

You are boldly trusting what you know, yet open and receptive to learn. This is spaciousness, yes?

No, we don't think ourselves into freedom, we simply recognize we already are free. The compass to this recognition surely is the heart. Someone once said, "The journey from head to heart is the longest journey you will ever take."

I walk with you, my Friend.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

"One must experience the road leading into this realization; one must trust the road and all that takes place on the journey"

This reminds me of this morning, in which I decided to snooze instead of get up for my morning meditation. Then once, I woke up I was somewhat bummed that I chose sleep.

But soon after, I realized how rediculous this was. Taking a shower is zazen. Feeding the baby is zazen. Going to the bathroom is zazen.

"All that takes place on the journey" is 100% spirit. When we we come to know this in all fullness?

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter