Sunday, August 28, 2005

Finding Me Finding You

The Angel Oak, Charleston, SC 2005

The Angel Oak, a "live oak" specimen of oak is purported to be 1,400 years old although no one can substantiate this because of the difficulty in core sampling such large trees. Standing beside this beautiful tree I can’t help but feel the mystery of Being swell inside me. I stand silent beneath her ancient canopy and connect with the energy that is undeniably present. I let my mind flow back through the centuries until I lose myself. When I open my eyes I am standing before a sapling sprouting from the ground, a tender shoot risen from a seed that was stubborn and steadfast enough to anchor itself into the Earth and lay dormant until the time was just right for emergence.

Can you see the 1,400 year old tree hiding inside the seed? Is it any less a giant, tightly encapsulated within a resilient casing that with time, weathers, fragments and falls away allowing freedom for emergence towards the light? Can you see the potential that is you budding even now as you read this line- are you not like this seedling-giant? Are you seeking answers to these questions or, are the questions themselves witnessing your inevitable emergance as the answer?

I've been trying to find you
yes, trying to find you
You've been trying to find me
yes, trying to find me
All that I'm searching for- is searching for me
trust and we'll see

There's a season to come
a season to come
Rain, it follows the sun
follows the sun
Sunshine follows the rain, night into day
trust in this way


And if I dreamed it all differently
would it be any easier for me to believe?


Let whatever may come
whatever may come
Dream whatever the dream
whatever the dream
Close and yet far away, near as the end
to where we begin...

from a song in the works

5 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Amazing photo of the giant oak, that was once a tiny seed. The mystery of Being surely swells inside of this tree, just as it swells within you. As we let ourselves flow back through the centuries, losing oneself, we glimpse a vision of our original face. You have described this beautifully.

***

The song beginning is so inviting. I would love to hear the voice that knows these lines from the inside out.

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The message sank deep into my heart as you made clear your point. We only have to look to see the endless capabilities of our growth. Like the limbs we may reach different directions but our ultimate goal is UP! Thank you isaiah for the lesson of truth. Can't wait to hear the song. Your Friend Always, Kev'

10:42 AM  
Blogger isaiah said...

M-

I've made an agreement with the part of me that allows this music to emerge from within...I'll show up and open my mouth, whatever escapes will be… and I will be content. This project will be a first in that I’ve grown to not be attached to the outcome any longer , only with the process and release, the flow in and out.

G-

The music is simple acoustic guitar, with a vocal harmony line, hopefully a cello and accent percussion. I’m keeping it as simple as I can.

K-

I can’t wait to begin the process of allowing what I hear to transform itself into what it wants to be. I’ll play it for you next time we get together. It’s a very simple little tune.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

The song, too, is like the seed that grows into the mighty oak. A simple idea, a small thought, a creative nudge - becomes an orchestrated piece of art that blesses others and allows those in contact with it to rest beneath its branches.

10:58 AM  
Blogger They call him James Ure said...

I adore trees. They are our living ancestors. I especially love those big, old oak trees. There are so many of them down in Louisiana where my in-laws live. I hope and pray that they were not blown over with this hurricane. If they were, however, then they have simply moved into a different aspect of existence. I know that I am part of that wonderful living giant and what peace that brings me. Thank-you.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter