Sunday, September 03, 2006

Core


Once upon a time, there was a congregation of fish, who got together to discuss who among them had seen the ocean. None of them could say they had actually seen the ocean. Then one fish said, ‘‘I think my great grandfather had seen the ocean!’’ A second fish said, ‘‘Yes, yes, I have also heard about this.’’ A third fish said, ‘‘Yes, certainly, his great grandfather had seen the ocean.’’

So they built a huge temple and made a statue of the great grandfather of that particular fish! They said, ‘‘He had seen the ocean. He had been connected with the ocean.’’

"Enlightenment is the very core of our being; going to the core of our self and living our life from there."-- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Lesson taken from the Blog: Bird On A Wire

Photo from the Blog: Anonymous Dharma

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question about this quote but I am not sure how to phrase it...i'll come back.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Great story, Tommy.

And an even greater picture! It reminds me what Rumi/Barks wrote about:

This crazy fish, the mystics,
Who swim in an ocean of grace,
and still thirst for more.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Love it!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Joanna Terpstra said...

I saw the ocean yesterday

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter