Monday, August 21, 2006

Who We Are

I am not here to prove that I am divine- I am here to prove that you are divine.”
Sri Nidthyananda

We quietly, sometimes desperately, live into an answer so staggering it seems beyond belief, that it cannot be true. We shake inside at our discovery but don’t dare speak to others of our knowing- of our bliss; after all, what would they think of us?

It’s best we continue bantering on about the weather, the world, our worries, who has done what to whom, and go about numbing ourselves and the few short hours each day we are free to do with what we want.

Why don’t we speak to each other of what truly matters? Why must we disguise ourselves in trivial and mundane issues when deep inside, we are about to explode with our passion for life?

What if today we talk with just one person we love and remind them of their inspirations, even ask of a stranger what inspires them and then offer encouragement to pursue their bliss. Simply thanking them for being who they are is enough.

Everyone of us is special, so very special in that within, each of us is bursting with life. Give someone the opportunity to bloom today then witness the most incredible feeling well up inside your being- it is your own blossoming. Together, in the awareness of who the other truly is, we continue making the world a better place.

Thank you to my friend Sadiq for the introduction to
Paramahansa Sri Nithyananda whose words inspired today's post. You, also inspire me Sadiq!

7 Comments:

Blogger anonymous julie said...

:)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You continue to amaze me... what lovely words... what lovely intent!

Your words are a lovely inspiration to all who read them, my new found Rumi/Hafiz Truth loving freind... you are an amazing writer... the Heart and clarity of Truth you share thru your words rings out with subtle rainbow tones to unknown universes... you speak of song writing... they are already being written... yes...

I can see you, your beloved wife Cathy and lovely Son, on your farm very clearly... it's the one that has the bright aura around it... shining from within and with out...

Om Shanti...

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely words indeed :) Sadiq also inspires me, that Mystic Saint of Singapore. And you do also :) If you want to build a baseball field on your farm, I will be glad to help :)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Dear Tommy,
You do inspire. I am always gifted by a turn to your writing.

"Why don’t we speak to each other of what truly matters? Why must we disguise ourselves in trivial and mundane issues when deep inside, we are about to explode with our passion for life?"

This is how I feel so often. I love to tap into the passion I have for life, and share it with others. I love it when others do this with me. I love your passion for life, it comes across so clearly. Thank you for sharing it so generously with all of us.

~ Meredith

9:29 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Well, it gets boring to keep typing, Wow! I agree! and Frimmin'!

But... Wow! I agree! Frimmin'!

1:53 AM  
Blogger isaiah said...

Julie- back at you :)

Kathleen- Thanks. Beginning again to write those songs I so carelessley used to toss aside. There'll be room on the farm for all... Om Shanti!

Irving- Thanks. What's a farm without a ballfield? We'll just turn the fields over throughout the season, through some flour around and play ball. Come down & visit.

M- You inspire me, let's continue inspiring each other. That's what it's all about, isn't it?

Jon-Thanks, like the new look at your blog!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sadiq said...

thanks for mentioning this unworthy!

blessings be with you!

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter