Monday, July 24, 2006

Why?

Why go on?

What is your “Why”?

What makes life, “worth the candle,” as Alan Watts used to say?

Your partner, mate, husband, wife?

Your children, parents, friends, career?

What about you- your being? Could you, alone, without anyone else possibly be “worth the candle”?

Can you stand with the light of your being- being why?

Are you the reason "why" the play goes on?

*NOTE: I don't know what's been going on at blogger.com recently but in my attempts to navigate the ups and downs of the site (seems to be down a lot recently) and post today's "Why?"- I inadvertently deleted the post and awesome comments on "Wishing" from last week. Bummer.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was here earlier and watched the video of your son, but I could not comment so came back and now there is no video!!! This is why I switched from Blogger :)

Anyhow, how old is he? I am impressed with his confidence and determination. You could have the next Jimmy Page on your hands. My son loves Avenge Sevevfold too!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the post that this comment is connected to. Very deep question. I hate to say that sometimes I don't know why and don't want to go on. Hard to admit but true. I am struggling with my belief system and so when the foundation has cracks everything else feels unstable.

What is your answer?

4:23 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

If you are old enough to have watched "Dr. Zhivago", the film about 30 years ago by David Lean, you will know that was a question posed. The young doctor couln't be restrained by his poetic nature, to embrace - everything. Gratitude and wonderment were part of every breath.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some don't go on. The Why? becomes a moot point when the light fades to darkness in their hearts.

Some go on to see what happens next. Some out of the joy of each breath, the love of children, wife, husband, the love, the love.

There is a Rumi story of God telling the spirit of Life to go into Adam. Life did not want to. "He is mortal, and will be filled with pain and suffering."
God said, "Unwillingly shall ye enter, and unwillingly shall ye depart."

And so it goes...

10:32 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

I love this. I love the question. A heartfelt thank you for raising the question. Looking forward to spending some time with it.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Amy Harden said...

Totally off the subject.

I tagged you. I'm apologizing in advance.

Yeah. I need a job. The boredom set in a week ago.

11:15 AM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

I am mine. :) Playful response here. I need to watch Dr. Zhivago.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter