Friday, July 07, 2006

Here Comes The Son



Tommy is coming home today after a week at Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama and a week with his aunt, uncle and cousin in upstate SC. Previous to this he was only with us a few days after being away for a week at Boy Scout camp.

We sure do miss him and realize this is a brief taste of what it will be like in 6 short years or so when he leaves for college. But for now- he's still on loan to us and we're gonna keep him.

It's nothing less than amazing the love you have for your children.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Congratulations to you, too. (There's no reason we can only say that to people who've just conceived or given birth to their kids!)

2:16 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

Looks just like the son! ::cues Broken Social Scene's "looks just like the sun" - which is utterly woth a listen::

I don't know what in the world it's like, but I'm happy for you.

11:59 PM  
Blogger CE said...

Yes, children have a life of their own. We should nurture that. I rejoice with you in your happiness. Nice kid and picture.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The love we have for our children is a reflection of the love God has for us, whether we acknowledge it or not. At least, that is how I have come to see it.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

This love is such sweet energy - to be felt in a myriad of ways.

My love for my child is amazing, sustaining, uplifting, invigorating, deep, pure, authentic, and effortless.

Hmmm, reminds me of another love I feel...

Big smile for the re-minder.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

So very true, I didn't comprehend love until I had my son. Wow - he looks just like you! My son will be off to college (I hope) in three years. He's all I got, just him and me - I can't think about it yet.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter