Friday, February 18, 2005

Enlightenment 101 (not a required class)

"We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion. I do believe that. I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think flying planes into a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder. If you look at it logically, it's something that was drilled into your head when you were a small child. It certainly was drilled into mine at that age. And you really can't be responsible when you are a kid for what adults put into your head."

"When you look at beliefs in such things as, do you go to heaven, is there a devil, we have more in common with Turkey and Iran and Syria than we do with European nations and Canada and nations that, yes, I would consider more enlightened than us."
Bill Maher on MSNBC's 'Scarborough County'


"Make no comparisons, make no judgments, delete the need to understand."
Brugh Joy "Joy's Way"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter