Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Love

Carving a pumpkin at Nana & Papa's
Halloween 06
Tommy as a member of the
Black Parade (My Chemical Romance)

I swear with all my heart, this little boy is all that I know to be true
The sweetest day of all for me was when I first laid eyes on you
I believed in a higher power for I was holding his finest hour
And my first prayer was, may you find your way.

And I was always someone every time I stood by your side
With a heart about to break with all the love I held inside
To put it simply, life’s very essence was
Always found when I was in your presence
And my every pray is, may you find your way.”

Tony Arata, "May You Find Your Way"

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

Your love for Tommy is vast. This is the way of Absolute love, I'm sure of it.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Buford said...

Philosophical question:

Does the love of a spouse (whom we live with for far longer) evoke the same kind of love we feel towards our children? i.e. Is one more or less powerful than the other?

This is simply food for thought, not an attempt to be rude. Coincidentally, in my writing class, we are discussing love and how it plays into a family’s hierarchy.

2:01 PM  
Blogger E said...

Really nice poem. Thanks for posting it.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

My Chemical Romance! How creative! Now that's an innovative costume...

(I love the poem, too, btw)

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter