Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Intention & Manifesting

Are you still interested in Alaska?” Her voice was sweet, not a typical sales pitch on the other end of my mobile phone (where did she get my number)?

“Is it free?” I jokingly replied.

“Well, no…but it’s at a very attractive price,” she said.

“You must want my father,” I said to her. “He’s been doing some traveling lately and planning for more, let me give you his number.”

Call it a case of synchronicity slightly a whack because I was just thinking about Ireland and a trip we want to take next summer when the telemarketer called. I had also just finished reading a really great article at Religion and Spirituality.com about a women, Arianne, who completely manifested her new love (right down to his first name) and how their life together became an adventure instead of…well, what most relationships turn into.

I was thinking how it is time to dig deeper into intending and manifesting what I desire in my life, in my relationships and in pursuit of my bliss. I am a firm, albeit lazy believer in the power of Intention and in manifesting: we get what we desire and manifest, or we get what happens to us.

“If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice,” as the saying goes and we manifest “happenings”; dull, lifeless, trivial, “things” that just happen to us. Choosing to decide, through intending and witnessing and we co-create our destiny; an adventurous, love-filled, enchanting reality (umm...had some, have some... want more)!

I want to manifest more (higher) through Intention (have been all along- it’s just a matter of awareness and “what have I been doing with my life?”) but it takes work. A lot. It takes “the vision thing” and it takes honesty, two qualities I know I need to focus on intensely and nurture so they may grow further in every dimension of my being. It takes work and then it takes relaxing- honest relaxing into the arms of what is- through dancing a most unusual and awkward ballet of perseverance and yet surrender too.

“What do I want?” What a powerful, invigorating question!

Arianne, the enchantress from the article at Religion & Spirituality began her manifesting by becoming clear on what she wanted. She became still (through deep reflection or meditation), began a fast (of one day) and decided to ‘create’ her manifestation on poster board, cutting out pictures and images carefully thought over of what she intended for herself.

She then created a collage of her intended future, even choosing a picture of Jean-Claude Killy, a French skier to represent the man of her dreams. The man she eventually met and married two months later was named Jean-Claude Gerard Coven (Jean-Claude Coven wrote about the experience at Religion & Spirituality.com).

She then placed the poster board so it would be the first thing she saw upon rising and the last before she closed her eyes for the night.

So, I guess it’s Arts & Crafts time… time to clearly be still, imagine, intend and manifest.

Call it silly, I believe in things like this. I believe.

Intention Graphic by Tribal Harmonix Music

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if I should try this with a pic of my "perfect" guy. *Sigh*

5:32 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

Isaiah... thanks. For reminding me of a couple of collages I've done that are lovely. Thank you for writing this and for being here. And it's not silly at all.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Dear Tommy,

I enjoyed this post very much, especially after I read it a second time. Just now I was wondering, smiling and wondering, if the life you are living was an intention at some other time of your life?

Such a great query to ask, "What is my deepest longing?"

Recently I was thinking about my own longing, and finding myself just a little bit afraid of my own deep longing, shy to share it, and even shyer to receive it. But when I looked more closely, OH my! the longing was already manifesting - I just had to realize it.

Love,
M

12:49 PM  
Blogger anonymous julie said...

Upon second reading... err, probably third... I am getting to suspect that things work that way, too. (P.S., check your email...)

12:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I liked that article's idea - that we create out of what we imagine. Can't wait to hear what you create.

Julie

10:29 AM  
Blogger E said...

"awkward ballet of perseverance and yet surrender too"
Nice choice of words

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Isaiah... Tommy... beliefs and desires are funny things... the Heart includes everything, it all rises from the Heart... everything... so they too have thier place...

and I find myself wanting to support you in what you believe... just because it is from your Heart... and what you write always touches me.

I am not good at keeping attention on manifesting a "plan", even if I thought I wanted to... my attention span is too short! always has been... :)

Surrender is easier for me... even if it takes a while to see that... that is where I end up going...

But I guess what I want to say, is that I agree with Julie, I don't think your belief is silly at all.

May your creative genious be given free unfettered reign... may all good things come to you... may prosperity be yours... and may the depth of your relationships flourish with Love...

I always said along with Tinkerbell... I believe... I believe... and when that comes from the Heart... it doesn't have to mean anything! :)

Om Shanti... and LOVE!

8:28 PM  
Blogger isaiah said...

bar- well, I've heard of stranger ways to attract a new love. It is rare that we intentionally seek out that which we desire, taking the leap of faith in imagining the perfect outcome. Usually our lesser self stays in control and we say, "but... what if... I can't seem to..." and this is what we receive. Go for it! He's there right now, already in your heart..always already!

Anon Julie- thanks, no I don't believe it's silly. Re-membering with each other is what we're here for. Thanks again for the email!

M- Yes, the life I am living was intended earlier and seeds we planted seasons ago are ripening for a harvest. All our longings are 'showing up' continuously...'good and bad'...but, it's all good from my perspective! What a realization!

Julie Unplugged- The article is great, especially regarding the feminine...and how nurturing by the masculine has been overlooked and can complete the whole. I can't wait to see what shows up too....it's already in the works!

Ethan- the image of a dance came to me as I saw myself taking leaps into the air, afraid, yet knowing the leap was all I needed to do...our ground magically appears under us- all we must do is leap.

Kathleen- you are so kind, thank you. Yes, we need to support each other while in mid-leap because this support, this love directed outward returns back to the sender with it's own power. "Surrender is easier for me... even if it takes a while to see that... that is where I end up going..." I understand this, but it is both a play of leaping and surrendering. Jumping for joy... as they say. Thanks for your support and affirming, agreeing with me for realization. I believe...I believe!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

just had to share this... I came into work today... and there in the cubby next to mine... was Tinkerbell... she had just arrived from DisneyLand.. ahhhh... yes... too funny!

I believe.... I believe.... !!! :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I meant to say... a "statue" of Tinkerbell! :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger isaiah said...

Kathleen- it wasn't Tinkerbell herself, only a statue?

I believed- I believed!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

:)

Have a wonderful... Wonder-Full trip!!!! and may Tinkerbell be with you!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter