Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Everywhere- The Bodhi Tree


Buddha under Bodhi Tree in Waikiki, Hawaii

I am walking, my search- block by city block,
I am climbing, my pursuit- the mountain peak,
I am laughing, my joy- what makes least sense,
I am dreaming, my vision- pure, untainted,
I am loving, my devotion- seeing into heart,

All I do, I do in the shade of my own Bohdi tree-
Where ancient roots cast verdant emerald thoughts,
Expanding ever more towards realization
Of self, of Self.

Only a seed of God sprouts God-
Where do I not see a place unsown?
2005

"Mind precedes all things;
mind is their chief, mind is their maker.
If one speaks or does a deed
with a mind that is pure within,
happiness then follows along
like a never departing shadow."
Dhammapada 1

4 Comments:

Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Seeds everywhere:
I find myself
Stumbling over them.
Swallowing them.
Gazing upon them.
Inhaling them.

Thanks for the post.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

"Expanding ever more towards realization
Of self, of Self..." of true self. An amazing discovery, right here, in your loving heart. Sprouts are everwhere. You are Awake to this realization. Joy, yes?
M

12:30 AM  
Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

What a great photograph, and a great poem. Thank you for sharing your bodhi seeds with us.

Darrell

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tommy, both the poem and the photograph. (I think it may actually be Kwan Yin /Kannon, though.) Beautiful.

jon

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter