Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A Prayer for Healing

A Prayer for those in Southern Asia and East Africa for healing, strength, and peace in the wake of the tsunami. There but for the grace of God go I.

Now when the bardo of dying dawns upon me,
I will abandon all grasping, yearning and attachment,
Enter undistracted into a clear awareness of the teaching,
And eject my consciousness into the space of unborn awareness;
As I leave this compound body of flesh and blood
I will know it to be a transitory illusion.

Tibetan Book of the Dead – Padmasambhava
**************************************
Oh Almighty! Lead us from the unreal
to the real, from darkness to light!
From mortality to immortality!
Oh Almighty! May there be Peace! Peace! Peace!

Brihdaranyaka Upanisada 1:3:27
***************************************
In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful.

By the passing of time
surely one is in a state of loss
except those who have faith
and perform righteous deeds.

And those who enjoin upon one another
abiding by the truth,
and join upon one another steadfastness.

“The passing of time” - Dr. Lila Fahlman
***************************************
Blessed are they that mourn-
for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 5:3-10 –Jesus
***************************************
Benedict, when the storm rages
around me,
and I can hold on no more,
when the waves of fear engulf me
and I am weary,
battered and sore,
take me then and steer me
storm-tossed, broken and afraid,
into the arms of your safe harbour
safely home.

Prayer to St. Benedict - Fr. Dennis Ward O.S.B.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Thank you for that. May comfort and healing be upon those who suffer.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Buford said...

It is very appropriate to state many prayers for this was truly a global event. Let’s hope in the wake of this wave we, at least for a while, find common ground in our sorrow.

I started a site for just photos the name is www.bufordsstukk.blogspot.com check it out.
Thanks for the advice on copy and pasting in word I do it all the time now. It’s just so easy.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Buford said...

Its www.bufordsstuff.blogspot.com Spell check didn't catch that one.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful prayers. I have used a variation of the Upanishads quote as a breath prayer:

(breathing in) From the unreal
(breathing out) lead me to the real

Blessings,
Darrell
http://wildfaith.blogspot.com/

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter