Saturday, December 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Tommy



Tommy turned 11 yesterday!
It's hard to believe he's almost a teenager
and 11 years have come and gone since
he was born.

I wonder if he really stops and considers
how much his mother and I love him?
It's really hard to tell what goes on in a
little boy's head.

I often ask him if he's happy and he says,
"sure, why wouldn't I be?"

His eyes still light up like rockets when
something's really funny. He looks just like
his mother.

He's a beautiful boy.

Happy Birthday Tommy.

(here's a copy of the card I made for him)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Great card! Tommy, give my best wishes to Tommy Jr.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Amy Harden said...

Happy belated Birthday Tommy(the 4th? or 3rd... I forget)! I hope it was awesome!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I'm reminded of John Lennon's lyrics, Beautiful Boy(Darling Boy):

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,
Darling,
Darling,
Darling (Tommy).

***

What is it within him that is so beautiful? What is it that sparkles so in the Light?

2:18 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Not only does your love for your son come through, but sweet friendship as well. On this day of celebration here are a few words from The Prophet by Kahil Gibran.

And in the sweetness of friendship
let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things the heart
finds its morning and is refreshed.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Happy Birthday Tommy Boy!

8:33 PM  
Blogger They call him James Ure said...

Happy belated continuation day!!!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter