Thursday, November 18, 2004

When Shiva Dances

When Shiva dances with arms whirling
I sit in the fields watching the morning sun appear,

When Shiva bends gracefully touching hand to foot
I rise, tending to obligations appearing,

When Shiva arches, with head gazing high
I churn over thoughts while walking homeward,

When Shiva leaps, keeping solemn tempo
I sit in the fields watching the afternoon sun descend,

Morning-rise, from collapsing night
Dream death into dream life
All measures found sufficient
As twilight falls, as radiant day surrenders

What is destroyed but all illusion?

2004

2 Comments:

Blogger Trev Diesel said...

Om Namah Shivaya!

What an excellent poem. It actually pulled me out of dispair this evening. The past two days I have been stuck in illusion - identifying myself with my melodrama. Your poem helped open me to the now-reality of God and "His" ability to distroy all that is false and fleeting!

Namaste!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

What an achingly beautiful poem. Thank you so much for posting it.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter